William Cameron Humphrey, a 31-year-old man from Rome was charged on Thursday, February 6 with a plethora of charges in Floyd County.
Humphrey, of 14 S. Heathrow Drive is accused of driving his vehicle under the suspected influence of methamphetamine while having two minors inside his vehicle. It is also reported that he almost hit a police vehicle during this time.
The charges that are being brought against him at this time are:
- Felony aggravated stalking
- This carries a prison term of 1 to 10 years and a fine of no more than $10,000
- Felony possession of methamphetamine
- This can depend on the amount, bring a prison term of 2 to 30 years
- 2 x Endangering a child by DUI
- This can bring jail time in the amount of 12 month and fines up to $5,000
- Driving under the influence of drugs
- If this is Humphrey’s first offense, this charge carries 24-hours in jail, at least $300 in fines, a 12-month probation sentence, 40 or more hours of community service, DUI school, and a clinical drug/alcohol evaluation
- Possession and usage of drug-related objects
- The punishment for this charge is 1 to 5 years in prison and a fine that can top out at $5,000
- Driving with a suspended license
- This will add an additional 6 months to his current suspension, a minimum $500 fine, and a couple of days in jail
Humphrey is reported to have violated a conditional bond that was on him by harassing the person who filed the complaint against him. This was done in the presence of a minor while he was at her home. When he was stopped, it was for failing to maintain his lane, which almost caused a collision with the police car.
When he was pulled over, the officers found him with a syringe that was full of what they suspect to be methamphetamine. He is currently being held at the Floyd County Jail without bond.
If you find yourself in a position like Humphrey and are facing a DUI with child endangerment, you will need to find a good defense attorney for your case. Make sure that you are choosing an Athens DUI attorney who specializes in DUI defense cases who can help you figure out your options.